Tuesday 31 March 2015

Faith in Humanity Restored!



 We all have those off days when nothing is going right and you just want to break down, start crying and go sleep till the next day- OK, maybe that's a bit dramatic but you get what I am trying to says. Let me just get into the story...

Yesterday, the English weather decided to be horrible as per usual; it was cold and windy so I was already not looking forward to the rest of the day. To make matters worse, when I got dropped off in school (college/sixth form) I realised that I had left my jacket in the house which  meant I would have to endure the terrible weather till I got home in the afternoon :(

At break time, I decided to go to the Post Office to pick up a package (I might do a blog post about it soon). Seeing as I got a lift in the morning I didn't bother trying to get change for my £20 because I thought by the time I got on the bus, the bus driver will have some change to give me.

 Well, I was wrong because when I got on the bus (to the Post Office) the bus driver didn't have any change but luckily, he let me on the bus anyway. However, on my way back to school, the bus driver didn't have change, he wouldn't let me on the bus and he told me to wait for the next bus (like what difference is that going to do? I am just going to get told the same thing anyway.) Anyway as I was getting off the bus, a nice lady offered to pay for my fare, obviously I told her that it was ok and not to worry about it but she insisted so I got on the bus and thanked her for paying for me.

 To some people this might not be something significant to take note off but just think, would you offer to pay for someone fare or has anyone ever offered to pay for you when you were in a similar situation? 

Anyway...

At the end of the day, mother nature decided to let the skies loose and it started raining, which was a bummer because on top of not having a jacket, I also didn't have an umbrella which meant I was going to get wet whilst I waited for the bus and walked home.

Basically my day couldn't get any worse BUT then something magical happened again (maybe am being dramatic but that's how much it made an impact on me). Whilst I was walking home in the blistering wind and rain, a completely random and amazing stranger reversed their car to offer me their umbrella.   

I know some of you might be thinking like, its just an umbrella Mel! but its the thought that matters to me. When you think about it she could have easily continued driving and not offered me her umbrella but she did and you won't find a lot of people like that everyday which is why this has really stood out to me.

I don't know what I did to deserve what happened to me yesterday but I know its not everyday when things like this happen and for that I really appreciate both women for helping me.

So that is my story for you guys, I know these actions aren't much compared to what other people out there are doing, but I still thought that I would share this with you because people like these two ladies need recognition and  appreciation to motivate other people to do the same; like I know I have been inspired and I am definitely on the look out for someone I can offer a helping hand to. 

Remember, you can do anything to help,  it doesn't have to be something big. It can be as small as asking someone if they are ok or even offering a smile; you don't realise how much of an impact that can have on someone ( I know that sounds corny, but its so true!).

Has anything similar ever happened to you? Or have you ever done something to help someone else?





No comments:

Post a Comment